IHC Immunohistochemistry (IHC)
Senior Scientist-Advanced Tissue Diagnostics
The Senior Scientist-Advanced Tissue Diagnostics is responsible for designing, developing and validating clinical immunohistochemistry and in situ hybridization assays on automated staining platforms and transfer of validated assays to the clinical laboratory. In this role, the Senior Scientist will author and/or review assay development plans, project reports, SOPs and other assay-related documentation and independently execute experiments according to project plans. The Senior Scientist will also evaluate new methods and platforms, including digital imaging. The position ensures completion of Design Control requirements as required and supports IVD development as needed.
The role actively supports corporate growth and revenue initiatives by directly collaborating with Scientific Affairs, Business Development and Sales personnel and participates in client interactions as needed. The position requires ability to professionally communicate with pharma and biotech clients regarding the technical requirements and clinical biomarker applications of the assay. The position also requires ability to articulate a compelling value proposition to clients that supports securing new contracts.
Education, Certifications, Experience / Licensing Requirement:
- PhD or Master’s degree in Life Sciences, Molecular or Cell Biology, Biochemistry, or related scientific discipline
- Minimum 5 years of work experience related to oncology biomarker research and histopathology assay development and/or diagnostic assay development.
- Experience working within a Quality System
- Experience writing analytical validation plans and reports
- Experience working in a CLIA certified and CAP accredited laboratory preferred
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Authors and reviews study plans and reports ensuring detail, completeness, and compliance with the MolecularMD QMS
- Executes experiments independently according to approved project development or assay validation plans, budgets and timelines with available techs and approval of the Director of clinical testing services and/or CMO.
- Presents, leads, and engages in professional, analytical, and critical discussion about experimental designs, results, and analytical approaches and results
- Designs, develops and validates clinical histopathology assays and complete applicable reports
- Plans, designs and develops new histopathology products and services
- Acts as facilitator for activities related to generating scientific publications and supporting collateral.
- Job requires specialized computer skills including competency using Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Position requires understanding, experience and ability to use imaging analysis technology
- Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communication by e-mail and use of scheduling software
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: email@example.com