The Scientist I will be part of the Cambridge Assay Development Laboratory team. This position will be responsible for (1) clinical sample testing including wetbench and data analysis, (2) drafting SOP, workbook, validation plan and report and (3) technical presentation for internal audience and external customers. He/she will work in a CLIA/CAP lab and need to perform the functions of nucleic acid isolation, nucleic acid quantification, clinical sample testing, data analysis, recording, and reporting laboratory results as directed.
Education and Work Experience:
PhD/MS in molecular biology, genetics, genomics or related field
Minimum of two (2) years post graduate experience in NGS analysis is preferred. A background in oncology and clinical assay development experience is a plus. The candidate should have hands-on experience with molecular techniques. Fluent usage of informatics tools e.g. UCSC genome browser, NCBI tools, COSMIC, IGV are required. The candidate should also have strong communication skills and like to work in a collaborative environment.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (and other duties as assigned):
- Perform clinical specimen management functions using the laboratory database system(s) in accordance with all MolecularMD policies and procedures.
- Perform extraction and quantification of nucleic acids from human tissue and blood specimens according to laboratory SOPs
- Perform other routine method procedures such as NGS library preparation and PCR setup according to laboratory SOPs to support assay validation studies and clinical sample testing
- Perform data analysis
- Development and validation of clinical assays on next generation sequencing (NGS), digital PCR, real-time PCR, or other platforms
- Drafting SOP, workbook, validation plan and report
- Technical presentation for internal audience and external customers
- Record and review data for accuracy in Excel worksheets and other database systems
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Document all quality assurance activities as necessary, such as preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, quality control, safety, temperature checks, and other supportive documentation to ensure regulatory compliance
- Write and/or maintain quality documentation, such as SOPs and work instructions, for equipment and assays as needed.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, semi-annual equipment maintenance
- Experience with molecular diagnostic techniques such as PCR and NGS
- Strong motivation and demonstrated excellent technical skills suited for work in a regulated, clinical diagnostics laboratory environment
- Demonstrates culture of mutual trust and professional behavior, assisting other staff where needed
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, initiative, and a history of productivity and contribution to a team and company goals
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org