Scientific Affairs Liaison – Remote/Telecommute
The Scientific Affairs Liaison (SAL) is a member of the Business Development (BD) team. Working directly with BD Directors, the SAL plays a key external facing role in establishing and maintaining partnerships with pharmaceutical oncology development programs. This position is responsible for the presentation of MolecularMD’s technical capabilities to customers, determining the customer’s assay development and sample testing requirements and communicating this information to internal stakeholders. In support of corporate revenue growth objectives, the SAL also contributes to the identification of strategic accounts and performs due diligence related to clinical oncology drug programs and potential biomarker and diagnostic assay needs. The SAL is responsible for distributing relevant information on current industry trends (i.e. competitive intelligence) to the BD team and executive management. Areas of primary focus will be oncology precision medicine, regulatory approvals and commercialization of companion and complementary diagnostic assays. The SAL may also be required to provide technical review of marketing materials and licensing opportunities.
Job Location: U.S. Based, Remote work
Travel: 50% of the time
Education and Work Experience
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D.) or equivalent experience in Molecular Biology or similar field
- Minimum three years of experience related to oncology biomarker assay development and/or molecular diagnostic assay development
- Research experience in oncology
- Demonstrates strong understanding of clinical oncology biomarker research
- In-depth knowledge of RNA and DNA analysis platforms and chemistries
- Excellent technical writing and oral communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills
- Fundamental understanding of molecular diagnostics field
- Working competency of the cancer drug development process and oncology trial design
- Demonstrates high organizational skills, sound judgement, attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Self-motivated in a home office-based environment; able to prioritize and complete assigned tasks with minimal supervision
- Results oriented with a focus on accuracy and deadlines
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide scientific support for client oriented business development and related contractual activities as a subject matter expert on the use of DNA, RNA and IHC technologies and methods for oncology biomarker analysis and clinical diagnostics.
- Review drug pipelines for new and existing clients and assess potential needs for biomarker assays.
- Act as liaison between the customer and internal stakeholders by documenting and communicating customer requirements on a project-specific basis
- Act as a technical reviewer for product marketing collateral
- Define and assess current oncology drug classes, biomarkers and technology platforms.
- Evaluate oncology diagnostic assay market trends and opportunities for strategic planning purposes
- Perform competitor analysis; provide updates on products and services offered by commercial laboratories who operate in oncology biomarker assay development, clinical trial testing and companion diagnostics development
- Provide support for IP assessment
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org