Overview of the role:
The Operations Specialist is self-motivated and will work collaboratively with the Operations department, Quality, and support cross functional teams, as necessary. The Operations Specialist will provide administrative support for technical writing, data entry, record management of equipment files, environmental monitoring analysis, and safety responsibilities.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain standard operating procedures for functions managed within Operations and providing support in writing specifications.
- Review, scan, and file equipment records for equipment management. Enter information into equipment management system as it pertains to the records.
- Provide support for environmental monitoring analysis and supplier qualifications.
- Act as a backup for the Office Assistant.
- Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficient use of computers/scanners/copiers/printers, including Microsoft Office applications.
- Basic troubleshooting skills, once trained, individual should be able to work independently and organize work to meet deadlines
- Excellent manual dexterity, a high regard for quality and attention to detail
- Commitment to participate collaboratively in a team environment as a constructive, contributing team member, with a spirit of cooperation.
- Maintains punctual, regular, and predictable attendance
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Respectfully takes direction from direct supervisor
Work Experience, Education, and Computer Skills:
- Associate’s degree (A. A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience with a scientific background, specifically molecular and medical device is required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or 6 months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience, specifically molecular and medical device is preferred.
- Preferred background in metrology and laboratory equipment, technical writing for medical device (ISO 13485)/ FDA regulated facilities (21CFR 820s), and familiarity with facilities, lean manufacturing, and process improvement preferred.
- Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems, ability to compose documents, enter database information, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
- Must be adept at using various applications including spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communicate by e-mail and use scheduling software.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org