The Laboratory Assistant is responsible for assisting professionals and technical staff in the performance of analytical tests. The Laboratory Assistant diligently strives to continually maintain a clean, professional, and safe working environment in the lab. Duties include preparing reagents, assisting with experimental setup, cell and tissue culture, cleaning and preparing equipment and work areas and stocking laboratory supplies. The Lab Assistant will also monitor gauges and charts to ensure equipment is performing within specification and will also help with maintaining accurate records, laboratory labeling, and materials ordering.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training in scientific laboratory setting; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Interest in science and knowledge of medical terminology
Has basic computer job skills including logging onto a system, ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms, and preserve/backup important data.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Decontaminate laboratory equipment. May conduct routine quality control checks on equipment (e.g. record temperatures). Report unusual findings to supervisor or lead designee.
- Maintain cleanliness of the laboratory
- Order, sort, organize, and store lab supplies
- Order and/or prepare testing media, stains, and reagents. Maintain all records as needed in an organized manner for easy retrieval.
- Perform related duties as assigned
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: email@example.com