Contract Proposal Manager
The Contract Proposal Manager will manage and lead the proposal generation process. Reporting to the Sr. Manager-Financial Planning & Analysis, this newly created role will work with our Executives, Sales Team, Lab Directors, and Project Management Teams to ensure customers are provided accurate and professional looking proposals in a timely manner. Industry experience is a plus, but not required. The candidate for this role will need to quickly become proficient in our business in order to be successful.
The ideal candidate will be able to manage a pipeline with numerous opportunities. The Proposal Manager’s responsibilities in managing the proposal pipeline include: tracking key dates for internal and external deliverables, assisting in prioritizing proposals deadlines, communicating metrics and proposal status at meetings, and following up directly with Subject Matter Experts on their progress. The position will continually update systems, procedures, and standard processes. This includes the creation of templates and forms used by the various stakeholders.
Prior experience writing complex proposals is important. The Proposal Manager is not the primary writer of the proposals, but needs to ensure the proposals clearly articulate our services and are professionally presented while being responsive to client project requirements, internal stakeholder input, and industry standards. The Subject Matter Experts are primarily responsible for the generation of the proposal, but this role may need to assist with editing the proposal and calculating the budget as needed. Therefore, this position requires a basic understanding of budgets and pricing.
Education, and Work Experience
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university with a concentration in life science; and two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training in medical diagnostics
- OR Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university with a concentration in finance or business administration; and four (4) to six (6) years related scientific experience and/or training in medical diagnostics
- Solid experience writing complex proposals
- Experience working with key stakeholders in applying proposal process best practices and other process improvements
- Experience in working within healthcare/life science industry or business to business technical environment selling services to major corporations
- Degree or equivalent experience required
- Experience with writing proposals and collaborating with subject matter experts
- Strong finance background and proficiency in working with excel for financial analysis
- Demonstrated ability to describe complex concepts and services and develop the level of detail required in response to RFPs
- Excellent skills in writing clear and focused copy that meets company strategy and objectives
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow-through skills
- Positive, energetic attitude, and initiative; strong work ethic and proactive
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org