Clinical Research Proposal and Contract Manager
The Clinical Research Proposal and Contract Manager is responsible for managing the contract generation process from the customer request for a proposal to managing the executed contracts. This role partners with internal stakeholders in Business Development, Senior Management, Clinical Lab, Program Management, and other functional areas to generate the proposal. The Clinical Research Proposal and Contract Manager is a cross-functional role that reports into the Finance department.
Education and Work Experience:
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university with a concentration in life science; and two (2) to four (4) years related experience and/or training in medical diagnostics
- OR Bachelor’s degree (BS/BA) from four-year college or university with a concentration in finance or business administration; and four (4) to six (6) years related scientific experience and/or training in medical diagnostics
- Experience writing complex proposals or scientific publications/papers
- Experience working with key stakeholders in applying proposal process best practices and other process improvements a plus
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates as the primary contact for the proposal process; ownership of and accountability for the completion of proposals according to internal policies and procedures; ability to continually identify areas for improvement; and work with all stakeholders to implement process improvements.
- Partners with internal stakeholders to develop project proposals and budgets and collaborate with stakeholders to prepare proposals that clearly articulate the services being provided while staying in-line with the budget created.
- Coordinates inputs from all departments, manages internal reviews, and ensures the proposals are completed on-time.
- Responsible for contract management to include obtaining signatures for the internal execution of the contract, generation of the contract summary used by internal stakeholders, ad hoc customer requests, etc.
- Experience working within the healthcare/life science industry or a business to business technical environment selling services to major corporations
- Proven science related background in order to effectively partner with Lab Directors, Business Development Directors, and other internal stakeholders throughout the proposal generation process
- Demonstrated ability to describe complex concepts and services and develop the level of detail required in response to RFPs
- Basic understanding of legal concepts for the generation of the proposals
- Basic understanding of budgets and margin calculations for the generation of proposal budgets
- Process oriented: ability to identify areas for improvement and update processes as needed.
- Proficiency in working with excel
- Excellent project management and planning skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
- Detail-oriented and excellent follow through skills
- Positive, energetic attitude and initiative; strong work ethic and proactive
- Ability to multi-task and manage several projects at one time
- Comfortable working in hands-on, deadline-driven environment
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: email@example.com