Clinical Testing Services
Clinical Medical Technologist II
The Clinical Medical Technologist II (CMT II) is responsible for performing duties related to the functions of specimen management, sample processing and testing, data analysis, process documentation, and reporting laboratory results.
The CMT II will competently perform molecular procedures, including nucleic acid isolation, polymerase chain reaction; process clinical specimens using the appropriate equipment, instruments, or techniques to assure optimum patient specimen integrity and positive identification throughout the test process; perform and evaluate quality control procedures to assure that test execution, test methodologies, and equipment performance are all within the clinical protocol specifications; provide collaborative assistance to colleagues as requested; release findings per laboratory procedures using the Laboratory Information System; complete testing and assigned projects in a timely manner consistent with expected deliverables; assist with implementation of testing protocols; actively participate in development of guidelines, procedures, and operating instructions for assays/instruments as directed; participate in proficiency testing, maintain competency, and execute other projects and duties as assigned. This is a Mon-Fri position, including occasional weekends and holidays as required.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience
- BA/BS in Biology, Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, or related science
- CLIA Qualified and MT/MB/HHS/NCA National Certified, or registry-eligible in Molecular Biology, Medical Technology, Microbiology, or related field
- Two years of experience in a high-complexity laboratory, or Masters Degree
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communication by email and use of scheduling software. Computer proficiency: Advanced skills in Word, and intermediate skills in Excel and Outlook
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Testing personnel are responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results. Each individual performing high complexity testing must:
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies,
- Document all quality control activities, including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results;
- Demonstrate knowledge and capacity to either correct the recognized problems or immediately notify the supervisor.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org