Clinical Testing Services
Clinical Medical Technologist I (CMT I)
The Clinical Medical Technologist I (CMT I) is responsible for performing duties related to the functions of specimen management, sample processing and testing, data analysis, process documentation, and reporting laboratory results. This position will support the ongoing testing workload of current clinical trials and associated sample management processes.
The CMT I will competently perform molecular procedures, including nucleic acid isolation, polymerase chain reaction; process clinical specimens using the appropriate equipment, instruments, or techniques to assure optimum patient specimen integrity and positive identification throughout the test process; perform and evaluate quality control procedures to assure that test execution, test methodologies, and equipment performance are all within the clinical protocol specifications; provide collaborative assistance to colleagues as requested; release findings per laboratory procedures using the Laboratory Information System; complete testing and assigned projects in a timely manner consistent with expected deliverables; assist with implementation of testing protocols; actively participate in development of guidelines, procedures, and operating instructions for assays/instruments as directed; participate in proficiency testing, maintain competency, and execute other projects and duties as assigned.
Education, Certifications, Experience / Licensing Requirement:
- Bachelors BA/BS or Masters (MA/MS) degree in Biology, Medical Technology, Molecular Biology, or related science.
- New Biology/ MT graduates accepted
Experience in a licensed, high-complexity molecular biology laboratory preferred, but not required. Association of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) certification preferred. Must meet personnel qualification standards according to Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act, 1988 (CLIA-88) as outlined in 42 CFR 493.1489.
Job requires specialized computer skills. Must be adept at using various applications including database, spreadsheet, report writing, project management, graphics, word processing, presentation creation/editing, communication by email and use of scheduling software. Computer proficiency: Advanced skills in Word, and intermediate skills in Excel and Outlook
Essential duties and responsibilities:
Testing personnel are responsible for specimen processing, test performance, and for reporting test results. Each individual performs only those high complexity tests which require a degree of skill commensurate with the individual’s education, training or experience, and technical abilities as authorized by the laboratory director. Each individual performing high complexity testing must:
- Follow the laboratory’s procedures for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results;
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens;
- Adhere to the laboratory’s quality control policies,
- Document all quality control activities, including instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed;
- Follow the laboratory’s established policies and procedures whenever test systems are not within the laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance;
- Be capable of identifying problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results;
- Demonstrate knowledge and capacity to either correct the recognized problems or immediately notify the general supervisor, technical supervisor, clinical consultant, or director;
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications; and
- Except as specified in paragraph (c) of this section, if qualified under §493.1489(b)(5), perform high complexity testing only under the onsite, direct supervision of a general supervisor qualified under §493.1461.
The CMT I position will perform the duties of the CMT I position and other duties as assigned including backup support for accessioning/receiving processes.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org