Clinical Testing Services
Clinical Laboratory Support Associate
The Clinical Laboratory Support Associate (CLSA) is responsible for specimen receiving and accessioning, pre-analytical specimen management, storage of clinical specimens, maintaining clinical specimen requisitions, providing clerical support, and assisting with lab cleaning/maintenance, equipment/temperature monitoring, and lab supply replenishment.
The CLSA will receive, accession, store, and track the location of clinical specimens including whole blood tubes, bone marrow tubes, isolated nucleic acid (RNA and DNA), tissue blocks and slides. The CLSA plays a vital role in the integrity of specimen tracking through initial handling phases in the laboratory. Accuracy and attention to detail is critical to ensure that all sample numbers and patient information are entered into the laboratory data base without introducing errors. The Clinical Laboratory is a highly stringent and regulated environment with documented processes which must be followed throughout all phases of specimen management. Participation in required continuing education is mandatory as is compliance with all MolecularMD policies and external agency regulatory training.
Education, Certifications and Work Experience
- One year certificate from college or technical school.
- Minimum of three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has advanced basic computer job skills including logging on to systems
- Ability to communicate by email, ability to compose documents, enter database information, create presentations, download forms and preserve/backup important data.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Receives, accessions, and maintains location tracking for clinical specimens including whole blood tubes, bone marrow tubes, isolated nucleic acid (RNA and DNA), tissue blocks and slides.
- Performs critical specimen management functions using the laboratory database system(s) in accordance with all MolecularMD policies and procedures.
- Stores clinical specimens including whole blood tubes, bone marrow tubes, isolated nucleic acid (RNA and DNA), blocks and slides.
- Maintains clinical specimen requisitions and accessioning paperwork in compliance with all policies to ensure complete record retention and easy retrieval.
- Provides support for clerical, lab cleaning/maintenance, equipment/temperature monitoring, and laboratory supply replenishment functions.
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org