Clinical Testing Services
Associate Development Scientist
Overview of the role:
The Associate Development Scientist, Portland, will be part of the Portland Development Laboratory team supporting the development and performance of clinical diagnostic and research biomarker assays on droplet digital PCR, real-time PCR, or other platforms. This position will perform general laboratory maintenance tasks and basic laboratory techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, quantification, PCR, data analysis, recording, and reporting laboratory results as directed for specific assays and/or projects.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Drafts project dependent experimental plans
- Independently executes experiments according to approved project development or assay validation plans, budgets, and timelines with limited oversight by a Clinical Development Scientist II or Senior Scientist
- Performs critical specimen management functions using the laboratory database system(s) in accordance with MolecularMD policies and procedures
- Performs nucleic acid extraction and quantification from human tissue specimens (e.g., FFPE, blood, plasma, cell lines) according to laboratory SOPs
- Performs other routine method procedures such as PCR setup according to laboratory SOPs
- Analyzes data and evaluates empirical results against anticipated results
- Reviews and verifies data for accuracy in Excel worksheets and other database systems
- Identifies, reports and solves problems in experimental designs, providing clear documentation of the problem resolution process
- Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Documents all quality assurance activities as necessary, such as instrument usage, cleaning, safety, temperature checks, and other supportive documentation to ensure regulatory compliance
- Assists in preparation and/or revision of written documents, including project progress and/or summary reports, assay validation plans and reports, SOPs and FRMs, as directed
- Participates in fundamental literature review related to products under development
- Assists with technology and product evaluations as directed
- Models compliance with clinical laboratory regulatory policies, all MolecularMD policies, and contractual procedures for each MolecularMD client
- Demonstrates strict adherence to established laboratory processes across all phases of sample handling and testing workflows
- Demonstrates commitment to compliance with all MolecularMD Clinical Development Laboratory procedures, safety and regulatory work practice guidelines as defined in the Quality Management Program, the Chemical Hygiene Plan, confidentiality and HIPAA agreements, and all applicable state and federal regulations and requirements.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to perform essential job duties with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a direct threat to the safety or health of employee or others
- Demonstrates high organizational skills, sound judgement, attention to detail and strategic thinking
- Results oriented with a focus on accuracy and deadlines
- Works effectively, respectfully and collaboratively in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation
- Displays excellent communication skills including presentation, persuasion, and negotiation skills required in working with clients, coworkers, and the general public including the ability to communicate effectively, work with people of diverse social, economic, educational, ethnic and cultural backgrounds and remain calm and courteous under pressure
- Maintains punctual, regular and predictable attendance
- Possesses specialized computer skills that require familiarity with applicable software, including Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Bachelor of Science degree (B.S.) or equivalent
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org