Associate Scientist/Scientist I
The Associate Scientist/Scientist I will be part of the Cambridge Assay Development Laboratory team supporting the development and validation of clinical diagnostic and research biomarker assays on next generation sequencing, digital PCR, real-time PCR, or other platforms. This position will perform general laboratory maintenance tasks and basic laboratory techniques such as nucleic acid isolation, quantification, NGS library preparation, PCR, data analysis, recording, and reporting laboratory results as directed for specific assays/projects.
Education and Work Experience:
- BS/MS/PhD in molecular biology, genetics, genomics or related field
- Minimum of two (2) years industry experience preferred or two (2) years post graduate experience
Essential Duties & Responsibilities (and other duties as assigned):
- Perform clinical specimen management functions using the laboratory database system(s) in accordance with all MolecularMD policies and procedures.
- Perform extraction and quantification of nucleic acids from human tissue and blood specimens according to laboratory SOPs
- Perform other routine method procedures such as NGS library preparation and PCR setup according to laboratory SOPs to support assay validation studies and clinical sample testing
- Record and review data for accuracy in Excel worksheets and other database systems
- Under the direction of a Senior Scientist or Scientist II perform specific and limited portions of a broader assignment
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies
- Document all quality assurance activities as necessary, such as preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, quality control, safety, temperature checks, and other supportive documentation to ensure regulatory compliance
- Write and/or maintain quality documentation, such as SOPs and work instructions, for equipment and assays as needed.
- Assist with weekly, monthly, semi-annual equipment maintenance
- Experience with molecular diagnostic techniques such as PCR and NGS
- Strong motivation and demonstrated excellent technical skills suited for work in a regulated, clinical diagnostics laboratory environment
- Demonstrates culture of mutual trust and professional behavior, assisting other staff where needed
- Demonstrated scientific creativity, initiative, and a history of productivity and contribution to a team and company goals
- Superior organizational skills and ability to multi-task
If you are interested in joining our team and would like to be considered for a future job opening, please email your resume to: email@example.com